The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/CS/HB 7057: Postsecondary Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Education Appropriations Subcommittee ; Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee ; Nunez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Fasano ; Grant ; McBurney ; Perry ; Porter
Postsecondary Education; Establishes Office of K-20 Articulation in DOE; creates preeminent state research universities program; establishes academic & research standards for university to be designated preeminent state research university; provides for preeminent state research university to establish institute for online learning; provides for BOG oversight enforcement authority; revises provisions relating to adult education programs, career education programs, college readiness, & tuition, fees, & funding; provides for performance funding for postsecondary institutions based on accountability.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1076 (Ch. 2013-27), CS/CS/SB 1720 (Ch. 2013-51)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 196
• Referred to Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/19/13, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 307
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Education Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 303
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 331
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/27/13, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 375
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 369
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 383
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1076 (Ch. 2013-27), CS/CS/SB 1720 (Ch. 2013-51)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.