CS/HB 9: Legislature
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Nunez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) McBurney
Legislature; Fixing the date for convening the regular session of the Legislature in the year 2016, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-106
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee; Rules and Calendar Committee -HJ 10
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 01/14/14, 2:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 152
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 152
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 03/03/14, 2:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by State Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 2 -HJ 161
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Introduced -HJ 10
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 132
• Original reference(s) removed: Rules and Calendar Committee
• Referred to- Calendar -HJ 215
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 356
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 377
• CS passed; YEAS 102 NAYS 11 -HJ 377
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 375
• Received -SJ 375
• Withdrawn from Ethics and Elections; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 824
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 824
• Substituted for CS/SB 72 -SJ 824
• Read 2nd time -SJ 824
• Amendment(s) adopted (861986) -SJ 824
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1024
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 1024
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (861986) -HJ 977
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 93 NAYS 22 -HJ 977
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 977
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-106
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.