CS/HB 377: Educational Facilities Financing
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Moraitis
Educational Facilities Financing; Revises provisions relating to financing of independent nonprofit higher educational facilities to include financing for private schools meeting certain criteria; revises provisions to conform.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Education
Location: In committee/council (ED)
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 34
• On Committee agenda-- Choice and Innovation Subcommittee, 02/11/14, 1:00 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 156
• Now in Finance and Tax Subcommittee -HJ 156
• Introduced -HJ 34
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Subcommittee, 03/13/14, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Subcommittee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 284
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 284
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/20/14, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 325
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 320
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 336
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/09/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 497
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 516
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 517
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 522
• Received -SJ 522
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.