CS/SB 742: Racing Animals
GENERAL BILL by Gaming ; Sobel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Soto ; Clemens ; Abruzzo ; Margolis ; Sachs
Racing Animals; Citing this act as the "Victoria Q. Gaetz Animal Rights Act"; revising the prohibition on the use of medication or drugs on animals; revising penalties for such use; revising procedures for testing animals for medication or drugs; requiring the Division of Pari-mutuel Wagering within the Department of Business and Professional Regulation to maintain records of greyhounds injured while racing; providing for the content of such records; providing fines for making false statements on an injury form, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Gaming (GM)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Gaming; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 60
• Introduced -SJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Gaming, 04/08/14, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Gaming; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -SJ 510
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 513
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 12 NAYS 4 -SJ 697
• CS by Gaming read 1st time -SJ 622
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 697
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/14
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 1037
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1100
• Amendment(s) adopted (933466) -SJ 1106
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1107
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1107
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.