The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 1148: Postsecondary Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education
Postsecondary Education; Requiring the State Board of Education to review baccalaureate degree programs currently offered by Florida College System institutions, rather than proposed baccalaureate degree programs; revising the purpose of the Florida College System with regard to baccalaureate degrees; revising a Florida College System institution’s primary responsibilities and secondary role as they relate to providing upper-level instruction and awarding baccalaureate degrees; increasing the annual maximum number of scholarships that may be awarded in the Rosewood Family Scholarship Program, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 851 (Ch. 2014-62), HB 5101 (Ch. 2014-56)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• SPB 7036 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1148) by Education
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 93
• Introduced -SJ 93
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/12/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -SJ 243
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/27/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 1 -SJ 356
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 356
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 365
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/14
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 879
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 851 (Ch. 2014-62), HB 5101 (Ch. 2014-56)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.