CS/CS/HB 1235: Florida Homeowners' Construction Recovery Fund
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee ; Dudley
Florida Homeowners' Construction Recovery Fund; Revises legislative intent; revises conditions under which claimant is eligible to seek recovery from recovery fund; revises form required to be provided by contractor which explains consumer's rights under recovery fund; prohibits fund disbursements from exceeding specified amount for each Division I claim & each Division II claim; revises requirements providing caps on payment for certain claims against licensee.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 101
• Referred to Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee, 03/24/14, 3:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 366
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 361
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 404
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/08/14, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 483
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 483
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/10/14, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 546
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 544
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 551
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.