CS/CS/SB 1344: Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Banking and Insurance ; Braynon
Insurance; Authorizing an insurer’s designee to provide certain coverage information to an insurance administrator; prohibiting a person from acting as an insurance administrator without a specific written agreement; requiring an insurance administrator to furnish fiduciary account records to an insurer or its designee; revising provisions for unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive acts relating to conducting certain insurance transactions through credit card facilities, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-103
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Ethics and Elections; Rules -SJ 108
• Introduced -SJ 108
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/19/14, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 304
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 309
• Now in Ethics and Elections -SJ 304
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 03/24/14, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 317
• Now in Rules -SJ 317
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/02/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 460
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 460
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/14
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 463
• Read 2nd time -SJ 494
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 573
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 573
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 785
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/14
• Received -HJ 784
• Read 2nd time -HJ 813
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 821
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 1 -HJ 822
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 778
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-103
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.