CS/CS/SB 1480: Microfinance
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Commerce and Tourism ; Benacquisto
Microfinance; Creating the “Florida Microfinance Act”; establishing the Microfinance Loan Program; requiring the Department of Economic Opportunity to contract with at least one entity to administer the program; requiring applicants for funds from the Microfinance Loan Program to meet certain qualifications; requiring the department to be guided by the 5-year statewide strategic plan and to advertise and promote the loan program; establishing the Microfinance Guarantee Program, etc. APPROPRIATION: $10,084,696.00
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7023 (Ch. 2014-218)
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 458
• Introduced -SJ 458
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/24/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 336
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 348
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 336
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 04/02/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 443
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 443
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/10/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 515
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 515
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/14
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 519
• Read 2nd time -SJ 675
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 719
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 719
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7023 (Ch. 2014-218)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.