CS/CS/SB 248: Assisted Living Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Health Policy ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Assisted Living Facilities; Providing that Medicaid managed care plans are responsible for enrolled mental health residents; providing that managing entities under contract with the Department of Children and Families are responsible for mental health residents who are not enrolled with a Medicaid managed care plan; revising the requirement that an extended congregate care license be issued to certain facilities that have been licensed as assisted living facilities under certain circumstances and authorizing the issuance of such license if a specified condition is met, etc. APPROPRIATION: $370,977.00
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• SPB 7000 submitted as a committee bill (SB 248) by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• Referred to Health Policy; Judiciary -SJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/08/14, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 139
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/04/14, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 137
• Removed from Calendar
• Also referred to Appropriations -SJ 132
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/06/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 28
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 119
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 207
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 207
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/11/14
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 220
• Read 2nd time -SJ 236
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 260
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 261
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 596
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• Received -HJ 595
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 693
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.