CS/CS/HB 569: Nursing Home Litigation
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Van Zant
Nursing Home Litigation; Specifies that cause of action for negligence or violation of residents’ rights alleging direct or vicarious liability for injury or death of nursing home resident may be brought against licensee, its management or consulting company, its managing employees, & any direct caregiver employees or contractors; provides that claim for punitive damages may not be brought unless there is showing of evidence that provides a reasonable basis for recovery of such damages; authorizes AHCA to revoke license or deny license renewal or change of ownership application of nursing home facility that fails to pay judgment or settlement agreement; revises procedures for obtaining resident records.
Last Action: 4/22/2014 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 670 (Ch. 2014-83) -HJ 593
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Health Innovation Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/11/14, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall --Temporarily deferred
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/05/14, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 48
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 3 -HJ 219
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 210
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Innovation Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 277
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/21/14, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 338
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 332
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 387
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/14
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 670 -HJ 593
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 670 (Ch. 2014-83) -HJ 593
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.