HB 7175: Department of Transportation
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Goodson
Department of Transportation; Removes provisions for Florida Statewide Passenger Rail Commission & transportation corporations; revises duties of Florida Transportation Commission; revises provisions relating to load limits, road projects, contractors & competitive bidding, lease-purchase agreements, conveyance of property, toll collection & video billing systems, fees from Alligator Alley tolls, M.P.O's & Metropolitan Planning Organization Advisory Council, environmental impact mitigation, Northwest Florida Transportation Corridor Authority & Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority, Pinellas Bayway, & outdoor signs; provides for sale of accounts receivable from certain leases.
Last Action: 6/20/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-223, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1161 (Ch. 2014-215), CS/CS/CS/SB 218 (Ch. 2014-169)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 525
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 571
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 622
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 640
• Passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 641
• In Messages
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Community Affairs; Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 625
• Received -SJ 625
• Withdrawn from Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Community Affairs; Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 910
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 910
• Substituted for CS/SB 696 -SJ 911
• Read 2nd time -SJ 910
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1042
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1043
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1325
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-223, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1161 (Ch. 2014-215), CS/CS/CS/SB 218 (Ch. 2014-169)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.