CS/HB 803: Communications Services Tax
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Subcommittee ; Boyd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Dudley ; Rouson
Communications Services Tax; Revises definition of term "information service" to include certain data processing & other services for purposes of communications services tax; provides retroactive applicability & construction.
Last Action: 5/14/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-36
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Finance and Tax Subcommittee; Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 69
• Introduced -HJ 69
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Subcommittee, 03/26/14, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Subcommittee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 389
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Finance and Tax Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 384
• Original reference(s) removed: Energy and Utilities Subcommittee
• CS referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 403
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 403
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/10/14, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 530
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 530
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 621
• Read 3rd time -HJ 621
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 0 -HJ 621
• In Messages
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 592
• Received -SJ 592
• Withdrawn from Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 1107
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1107
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 898 -SJ 1108
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1107
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1108
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 1108
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1323
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-36
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.