CS/CS/HB 805: Title Insurer Reserves
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Moraitis
Title Insurer Reserves; Revising criteria with respect to liabilities charged against assets in determinations of financial condition; specifying the reserves certain title insurers must set aside after a certain date; revising provisions relating to premium taxes paid by insurers; requiring certified title insurers to add a specified number of jobs within a certain time, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-132, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 321 (Ch. 2014-112), HB 5601 (Ch. 2014-38)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 69
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/05/14, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 69
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 219
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 213
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/03/14, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 466
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 463
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 475
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 569
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 583
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 583
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism -SJ 524
• Received -SJ 524
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism -SJ 938
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 938
• Substituted for CS/SB 758 -SJ 938
• Read 2nd time -SJ 938
• Amendment(s) adopted (543720) -SJ 938
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1041
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 1041
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (543720) -HJ 996
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 997
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 997
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-132, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 321 (Ch. 2014-112), HB 5601 (Ch. 2014-38)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.