SB 532: Provisional Ballots
GENERAL BILL by Gibson
Provisional Ballots; Requiring the supervisor of elections to allow a person who voted a provisional ballot to submit an affidavit to cure an unsigned Provisional Ballot Voter’s Certificate and Affirmation; prescribing the form and content of the affidavit; providing instructions to accompany each affidavit; requiring the affidavit, instructions, and the supervisor’s contact information to be posted on specified websites; requiring the supervisor to attach a received affidavit to the corresponding provisional ballot envelope, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Fiscal Policy -SJ 39
• Introduced -SJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 01/26/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 245
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 245
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 402
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 402
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/17/16, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -SJ 424
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 424
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.