SB 422: Health Insurance Coverage for Opioids
GENERAL BILL by Benacquisto
Health Insurance Coverage for Opioids; Providing that a health insurance policy that covers abuse-deterrent opioid analgesic drug products may impose a prior authorization requirement for an abuse-deterrent opioid analgesic drug product only if the insurer imposes the same requirement for each opioid analgesic drug product without an abuse-deterrence labeling claim; prohibiting such health insurance policy from requiring use of an opioid analgesic drug product without an abuse-deterrence labeling claim before authorizing the use of an abuse-deterrent opioid analgesic drug product, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Health Policy; Appropriations -SJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 11/02/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Now in Health Policy -SJ 126
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 12/01/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 124
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 124
• Introduced -SJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/18/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 434
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 456
• Amendment(s) adopted (137132) -SJ 456
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 457
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 488
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 489
• Immediately certified -SJ 494
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 688
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Received -HJ 688
• Substituted for CS/HB 363 -HJ 804
• Read 2nd time -HJ 804
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 852
• Passed; YEAS 108 NAYS 0 -HJ 853
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 772
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 1437
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-112
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.