CS/HB 59: Cardiac Programs
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Pigman
Cardiac Programs; Requires AHCA to adopt rules establishing standards for certain pediatric cardiac programs offered in licensed facilities; creates pediatric cardiac technical advisory panel; grants exception from transfer time protocol for certain hospitals providing adult cardiovascular services; expands rulemaking criteria for AHCA for licensure of hospitals performing percutaneous cardiac intervention procedures; requires agency to contract with Society of Thoracic Surgeons for collection of certain data for publication on agency website.
Last Action: 3/23/2017 House - Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/29/17
Location: On Special Order Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Innovation Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Health Innovation Subcommittee, 02/15/17, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Health Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 271
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 271
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/07/17, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 35
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 316
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 316
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 03/16/17, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 403
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 398
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 449
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/29/17
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.