CS/CS/HB 81: Vendors Licensed Under the Beverage Law
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee ; Avila
Vendors Licensed Under the Beverage Law; Revises applicability to specify circumstances under which persons under age of 18 years who are employed in specified businesses are excluded from certain employment prohibitions; provides that failure to comply with restriction on monthly revenue from sale of alcoholic beverages is unlawful if minor is employed during month that restriction is exceeded; limits package store restrictions to vendors located within certain distance of school; provides exception for current licenses with restrictions; provides restriction on sale of distilled spirits below specified container sizes.
Last Action: 4/25/2017 House - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/SB 106 -HJ 821
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 36
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 02/15/17, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 7 -HJ 271
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 271
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/07/17, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall --Not Considered
• Introduced -HJ 36
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/14/17, 10:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 7 NAYS 6 -HJ 391
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 387
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 394
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/22/17, 9:15 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 13 -HJ 453
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 450
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/29/17
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 446
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 476
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/17
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 540
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 106 -HJ 821
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/SB 106 -HJ 821
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.