CS/CS/SB 264: Self-storage
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Perry
Self-storage; Providing that a lien sale may be conducted on certain websites; providing that a self-storage facility owner is not required to have a license to post property for online sale; authorizing an owner to impose and collect a late fee from a tenant under certain circumstances; authorizing an owner to charge the tenant certain reasonable expenses incurred in rent collection or lien enforcement, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 357 (Ch. 2017-82) -SJ 594
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Regulated Industries; Rules -SJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/07/17, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 149
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 149
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 02/22/17, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 148
• Now in Rules -SJ 148
• Introduced -SJ 55
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/29/17, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 292
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 292
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 293
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 594
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 357 -SJ 594
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 357 (Ch. 2017-82) -SJ 594
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.