CS/HB 305: Law Enforcement Body Cameras
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Harrison ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Burgess ; Gonzalez ; Grant, J. ; Gruters ; Harrell ; Latvala ; Rommel ; Slosberg ; Spano ; Watson, C.
Law Enforcement Body Cameras; Requires law enforcement agencies to establish policies & procedures authorizing officer's review of camera footage of incident before writing report or providing statement; provides exception.
Last Action: 4/19/2017 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 744
Location: Final Passage
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 52
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 02/22/17, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -HJ 273
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 273
• Introduced -HJ 52
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/16/17, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 394
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 394
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 393
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/29/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 470
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 499
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 499
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 309
• Received -SJ 309
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 422
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 422
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 624 -SJ 422
• Read 2nd time -SJ 422
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 431
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 431
• Immediately certified
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 744
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.