CS/HB 359: Regulation of Insurance Companies
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Santiago
Regulation of Insurance Companies; Providing that a specified property information report, rather than a specified certification by an abstractor or a title company, may be submitted as part of certain information required in relation to the plat or replat of a subdivision; deleting a future repeal of an exemption of medical malpractice insurance premiums from certain emergency assessments by the State Board of Administration relating to the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund; specifying the minimum surplus as to policyholders for insurers that only transact in specified forms of residential property insurance, etc.
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 55
• Introduced -HJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 396
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 396
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/06/17, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 616
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 612
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 831
• Amendment(s) adopted (464919) -HJ 831
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 872
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 873
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 604
• Received -SJ 604
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 863
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 863
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 454 -SJ 863
• Read 2nd time -SJ 863
• Amendment(s) adopted (476744) -SJ 864
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 906
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 907
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (476744) -HJ 1222, 1226
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1226
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1226
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-132
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.