CS/CS/HB 699: Internet Identifiers
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Mariano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fine ; Mercado ; Yarborough
Internet Identifiers; Revises definition of term "Internet identifier"; defines "social Internet communication"; requires sexual predators & sexual offenders to register each Internet identifier's corresponding website homepage or application software name with FDLE through sheriff's office; requires sexual predators & sexual offenders to report any change to certain information after initial in-person registration in specified manner.
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 83
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/08/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 83
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 317
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 314
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 349
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 396
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 396
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/24/17, 2:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 807
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 798
• Read 2nd time -HJ 913
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 956, 957
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 957
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 568
• Received -SJ 568
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 548
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 548
• Substituted for CS/SB 684 -SJ 548
• Read 2nd time -SJ 549
• Read 3rd time -SJ 549
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 549
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1016
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-170
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.