CS/CS/HB 925: Department of Financial Services
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Miller, M. ; Plakon ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Killebrew ; Slosberg
Department of Financial Services; Replacing, within the Division of Treasury, the Treasury Investment Committee with the Treasury Investment Council; requiring certification of boiler inspectors; providing an exemption from the nonresident examination requirement for certain all-lines adjusters; authorizing certain insurer employees to adjust specified claim losses or damage; revising the residency requirement for certain directors of a bank or trust company; repealing provisions relating to the disposition of certain money paid into a court which is unclaimed, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2017 Senate - Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations
Location: In committee/council (BI)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 101
• Introduced -HJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 463
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 457
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 463
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 463
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/06/17, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 0 -HJ 616
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 613
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 730, 731
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 755
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 756
• Motion to reconsider adopted -HJ 847
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Reconsidered -HJ 892
• Read 3rd time -HJ 893
• Amendment(s) adopted (272809, 643623) -HJ 893
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 896
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.