CS/CS/HB 465: Firefighters
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee ; Raburn ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Watson, C.
Firefighters; Provides for designation as Lifetime Firefighter; provides requirements for such designation; provides responsibilities of Division of State Fire Marshal within DFS; authorizes division to investigate convictions or disqualifying events concerning Lifetime Firefighters; authorizes division to adopt rules.
Last Action: 5/1/2017 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 1021
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 64
• Introduced -HJ 64
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/15/17, 8:00 am, 12 HOB --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/21/17, 12:30 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 429
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 415
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Government Accountability Committee -HJ 458
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 458
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 04/19/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 746
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 784
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 778
• Read 2nd time -HJ 846
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 890
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 890
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 486
• Received -SJ 486
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 541
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 541
• Substituted for CS/SB 1084 -SJ 541
• Read 2nd time -SJ 541
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 592
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 592
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1021
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.