CS/CS/HB 487: Local Business Taxes
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee ; Renner ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Antone ; Eagle ; Hahnfeldt
Local Business Taxes; Exempts veterans, veterans' spouses, active duty military servicemembers' spouses, specified low-income persons, & certain businesses from paying local business taxes & fees under certain circumstances; authorizes certain municipalities to continue to impose such taxes & fees & change, by ordinance, specified definition.
Last Action: 4/24/2017 House - CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 797
Location: Pending Reference Review
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 67
• Introduced -HJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/21/17, 12:30 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 429
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 416
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 458
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 03/29/17, 11:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 492
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 492
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 04/24/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 797
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.