CS/HB 1173: Driver Licensing and Infractions
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee ; Cortes, B.
Driver Licensing and Infractions; Requires notification by clerk of court if amount of civil penalty indicated on citation is incorrect; provides application process for permission to satisfy civil penalty through community service; authorizes clerk to determine indigent status & grant/deny permission; requires court to review clerk's determination & make final determination under certain circumstances; requires suspension of motor vehicle registration & prohibits license plate/revalidation sticker issuance for persons who fail to comply with civil penalty; requires motor vehicle dealer to verify validity of purchaser's driver license.
Last Action: 3/24/2017 House - Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 458
Location: In committee/council (TTA)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 123
• Introduced -HJ 123
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 03/21/17, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 430
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 418
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 458
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.