CS/HB 1225: Division of Administrative Hearings
GENERAL BILL by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee ; Fitzenhagen
Division of Administrative Hearings; Revises positions that are exempt from Career Service System; requires Administration Commission to appoint DOAH director from full-time administrative law judges employed with DOAH; requires Governor to appoint administrative law judges from nominees recommended by statewide nominating commission; specifies composition & term lengths of members of commission; requires Governor to take certain action regarding judge after commission review.
Last Action: 3/23/2017 House - CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 448
Location: Pending Reference Review
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 128
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 349
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 3
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 448
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.