CS/CS/HB 1225: Division of Administrative Hearings
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee ; Fitzenhagen
Division of Administrative Hearings; Revises positions that are exempt from Career Service System; requires Administration Commission to appoint DOAH director from full-time administrative law judges employed with DOAH; requires Governor & Cabinet to appoint administrative law judges from nominees recommended by statewide nominating commission; specifies composition & term lengths of members of commission; requires Governor & Cabinet to take certain action regarding judge after commission review.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 128
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 349
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 3 -HJ 452
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 448
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 458
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/04/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 4 -HJ 564
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 564
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 04/19/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 5 -HJ 785
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 784
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 781
• Read 2nd time -HJ 816
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 853
• CS passed; YEAS 86 NAYS 28 -HJ 854
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 494
• Received -SJ 494
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.