CS/HB 1285: Pub. Rec./Chief Inspector General and Agency Inspectors General
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee ; Raulerson
Pub. Rec./Chief Inspector General and Agency Inspectors General; Provides exemptions from public records requirements for audit or investigative workpapers, records, reports, reviews, inquiries, or other documentation obtained or created during or in relation to active audit or investigation by Chief Inspector General or agency inspector general until such audit or investigation is no longer active; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemptions; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Bill Text: PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Introduced -HJ 133
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 350
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 407
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 402
• Now in Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 450
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 03/29/17, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 522
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 522
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 04/19/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 747
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 747
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 846
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 890
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 890
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 494
• Received -SJ 494
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.