CS/HB 1391: Home Education
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee ; Eisnaugle ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fischer ; Ponder ; Sullivan
Home Education; Revises provisions relating to home education programs, compulsory school nonenrollment & nonattendance cases, dual enrollment programs, & articulation agreements.
Last Action: 3/24/2017 - Now in Education Committee -HJ 458
Location: In committee/council (EDC)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 142
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 351
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 03/21/17, 8:00 am, Mashburn Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 431
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 420
• Original reference(s) removed: PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Education Committee -HJ 458
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 458
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.