HB 7037: Gaming
GENERAL BILL by Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee ; La Rosa
Gaming; Authorizes & directs Governor, in cooperation with Seminole Tribe of Florida, to execute new compact in certain form; requires Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering to revoke permit to conduct pari-mutuel wagering for permitholder that fails to make specified payments or obtain operating license; prohibits division from issuing license to conduct or authorize slot machine gaming after specified date; prohibits specified cardroom games.
Last Action: 4/4/2017 House - Laid on Table, refer to CS/SB 8 -HJ 543
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Ways and Means Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 255
• Introduced -HJ 255
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 03/21/17, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 7 -HJ 428
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 428
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/30/17, 12:15 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 11 -HJ 522
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 522
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/17
• Substituted CS/SB 8 -HJ 543
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/SB 8 -HJ 543
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.