SB 894: Arrest Warrants for State Prisoners
GENERAL BILL by Simmons
Arrest Warrants for State Prisoners; Authorizing a prisoner in a state prison who has an unserved violation of probation or an unserved violation of community control warrant to file a notice of unserved warrant in the circuit court where the warrant was issued; requiring the court to send the order to the county sheriff, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2017 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 600
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 104
• Introduced -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/13/17, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 181
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 181
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 242
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 600
• Substituted CS/HB 1091 (Died in Senate returning Messages) -SJ 600
• Laid on Table -SJ 600
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.