CS/CS/HB 925: Department of Financial Services
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Miller, M. ; Plakon ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Killebrew ; Slosberg
Department of Financial Services; Replacing, within the Division of Treasury, the Treasury Investment Committee with the Treasury Investment Council; requiring, rather than authorizing, the department to adopt amendments and interpretations of a specified code into the State Boiler Code; providing an exception from an examination requirement for nonresident all-lines adjuster license applicants who hold certain certifications; authorizing certain insurer employees to adjust specified claim losses or damage, etc.
Last Action: 6/27/2017 - Chapter No. 2017-175, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 911 (Ch. 2017-147)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 101
• Introduced -HJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 463
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 457
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 463
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 463
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/06/17, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 0 -HJ 616
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 613
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 730, 731
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 755
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 756
• Motion to reconsider adopted -HJ 847
• Reconsidered -HJ 892
• Read 3rd time -HJ 893
• Amendment(s) adopted (272809, 643623) -HJ 893
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 896
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 570
• Received -SJ 569
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 665
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 665
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 986 -SJ 665
• Read 2nd time -SJ 665
• Amendment(s) adopted (658314) -SJ 666
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 718
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 719
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (658314) -HJ 1115, 1128
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1128
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1128
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-175, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 911 (Ch. 2017-147)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.