CS/CS/HB 83: Agency Rulemaking
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee ; Spano
Agency Rulemaking; Requires certain notices to include agency website address for specified purpose; requires agency to prepare statement of estimated regulatory costs before adopting or amending rule other than emergency rule; requires agency to prepare statement of estimated regulatory costs before repealing rule in certain circumstances; requires DOS to include on Florida Administrative Register website agency website addresses where statements of estimated regulatory costs can be viewed.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 19
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 10/11/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 251
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 250
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 11/15/17, 8:30 am, 116 Knott Building
• Favorable by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 254
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 254
• Introduced -HJ 19
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 01/11/18, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 246
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 320
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 337
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 344
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/31/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 450
• Amendment(s) adopted (755203) -HJ 450
• Read 3rd time -HJ 450
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 451
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 342
• Received -SJ 342
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.