CS/SB 424: Public Records and Public Meetings/Elder Abuse Fatality Review Team
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Gibson
Public Records and Public Meetings/Elder Abuse Fatality Review Team; Specifying that information obtained by an elder abuse fatality review team which is exempt or confidential and exempt from public records requirements retains its protected status; providing an exemption from public meetings requirements for portions of review team meetings at which exempt or confidential and exempt information or the identity of an elder abuse victim is discussed; providing for future legislative review and repeal; providing statements of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 34
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 11/13/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/10/18, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 34
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 142
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 157
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/02/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 683
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 683
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.