CS/CS/SB 470: Law Enforcement and Correctional Officers
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; Stargel
Law Enforcement and Correctional Officers; Defining the term “special operations forces”; authorizing a full-time, part-time, or auxiliary correctional officer to be employed at 18 years of age; exempting former special operations forces members who meet certain requirements from the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission-approved basic recruit training program; requiring an employing agency, training center, or criminal justice selection center to verify and document that special operations forces applicants meet certain requirements if the applicants seek an exemption from a basic recruit training program approved by the commission, etc.
Last Action: 3/6/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 333 (Ch. 2018-46) -SJ 765
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 38
• Introduced -SJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 01/18/18, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 205
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 205
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 208
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/08/18, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 348
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 348
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/15/18, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 353
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 353
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 355
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18 -SJ 771
• Read 2nd time -SJ 765
• Substituted CS/HB 333 -SJ 765
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 333 (Ch. 2018-46) -SJ 765
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.