CS/HB 533: Unfair Insurance Trade Practices
GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Hager ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Stark
Unfair Insurance Trade Practices; Authorizing insurers to refuse to insure or refuse to continue to insure an applicant or insured for failing to purchase certain noninsurance motor vehicle services, etc.
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/10/18, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 47
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 320
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 306
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 345
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 01/18/18, 10:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 364
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 364
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/31/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 459
• Read 3rd time -HJ 459
• CS passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 0 -HJ 460
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 344
• Received -SJ 344
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 931
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 931
• Substituted for CS/SB 756 -SJ 931
• Read 2nd time -SJ 931
• Amendment(s) adopted (245684) -SJ 931
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1022
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 1022
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (245684) -HJ 1186
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 102 NAYS 0 -HJ 1186
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1186
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-153
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.