CS/SB 942: Department of Juvenile Justice’s Direct-support Organization
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Bracy
Department of Juvenile Justice’s Direct-support Organization; Requiring the secretary of the Department of Juvenile Justice to appoint board of directors to the department’s direct-support organization according to the organization’s established bylaws; abrogating the scheduled repeal of provisions governing a direct-support organization established by the department, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1552 (Ch. 2018-86)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 72
• Introduced -SJ 72
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/22/18, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 205
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 210
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 205
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/08/18, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 348
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 348
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/15/18, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 353
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 353
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/18 -SJ 435
• Read 2nd time -SJ 422
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 554
• CS passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 555
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1552 (Ch. 2018-86)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.