CS/SB 1224: Beverage Law
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Bradley
Beverage Law; Authorizing a malt beverage distributor to give branded glassware to vendors licensed to sell malt beverages for on-premises consumption; requiring that the glassware bear certain branding; prohibiting a vendor from selling the branded glassware or returning it to a distributor for cash, credit, or replacement, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 961 (Ch. 2018-135) -SJ 842
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations -SJ 92
• Introduced -SJ 92
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 01/23/18, 11:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 01/24/18, 11:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -SJ 204
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/29/18, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 242
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/22/18, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 384
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 384
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 390
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/18 -SJ 876
• Read 2nd time -SJ 842
• Substituted CS/HB 961 -SJ 842
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 961 (Ch. 2018-135) -SJ 842
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.