The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 1213: Computer Science Instruction
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee ; Porter
Computer Science Instruction; Provides requirements for specified instruction relating to computer science; requires certain computer science courses to be included in Course Code Directory & published on DOE's website by specified date; provides funds for school districts to provide professional development for classroom teachers; authorizes bonuses for certain classroom teachers.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 495 (Ch. 2018-150)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 107
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 338
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 9:00 am, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 392
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 392
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/13/18, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 594
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 592
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 614
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/27/18, 1:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 695
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 695
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 495 (Ch. 2018-150)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.