HB 215: Motor Vehicles
GENERAL BILL by Payne ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Geller ; Jacobs
Motor Vehicles; Authorizing a mobile carrier to be operated on sidewalks and crosswalks within a county or municipality when such use is permissible under federal law; requiring safety belt or, if applicable, child restraint usage by an operator or passenger of an autocycle; providing that a mobile carrier is not required to satisfy specified registration and insurance requirements; authorizing a person to operate an autocycle without a motorcycle endorsement, etc.
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 10/25/17, 4:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 252
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 252
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 11/15/17, 8:30 am, 116 Knott Building
• Favorable by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 254
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 254
• Introduced -HJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 01/11/18, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 2 -HJ 320
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 320
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/24/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 400
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 422
• Passed; YEAS 105 NAYS 1 -HJ 423
• In Messages
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 263
• Received -SJ 263
• Withdrawn from Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 923
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 923
• Substituted for CS/SB 504 -SJ 923
• Read 2nd time -SJ 923
• Amendment(s) adopted (622474) -SJ 923
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1002
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted as amended (622474) -SJ 1020
• Passed as amended; YEAS 33 NAYS 3 -SJ 1021
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 2 amendment(s) (269940, 622474) -HJ 1181, 1185
• Passed as amended; YEAS 91 NAYS 10 -HJ 1185
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1185
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-130
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.