CS/SB 160: Prohibited Acts in Connection with Obscene or Lewd Materials
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Book
Prohibited Acts in Connection with Obscene or Lewd Materials; Prohibiting a person from knowingly selling, lending, giving away, distributing, transmitting, showing, or transmuting; offering to commit such actions; having in his or her possession, custody, or control with the intent to commit such actions; or advertising in any manner an obscene, child-like sex doll; providing criminal penalties, etc.
Last Action: 5/21/2019 - Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/11/19, 2:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 159
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/04/19, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Introduced -SJ 44
• Now in Rules
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 150
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/13/19, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 195
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/27/19
• Read 2nd time -SJ 279
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 307
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 307
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1011
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/19
• Received -HJ 1012
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1074
• Amendment(s) adopted (820239) -HJ 1074
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1115
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 1115
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (820239) -SJ 865
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 865
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 865
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.