SB 406: Theft
Theft; Increasing threshold amounts for certain theft offenses; revising the list of items the theft of which constitutes theft of the third degree; providing that the value of taken property is based on fair market value at the time of the taking; revising the circumstances under which an offense of retail theft constitutes a felony of the second degree, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2019 Senate - Now in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/11/19, 2:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 157
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 03/06/19, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 60
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 196
• Now in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.