CS/CS/SB 656: State Court System Administration
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Baxley
State Court System Administration; Requiring security background investigations for foreign language court interpreters and mediators, respectively; revising qualifications for parenting coordinators; modifying provisions authorizing justices or judges to purchase additional service credit in the Florida Retirement System under certain circumstances to conform to the revisions made to the mandatory judicial retirement age established in s. 8, Art. V of the State Constitution, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7081 (Ch. 2019-98) -SJ 784
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 80
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/04/19, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 186
• Introduced -SJ 80
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 192
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/09/19, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 413
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 417
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/19
• Read 2nd time -SJ 784
• Substituted CS/HB 7081 -SJ 784
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7081 (Ch. 2019-98) -SJ 784
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.