CS/CS/SB 844: Orange Alert
Orange Alert; Redefining the term “missing endangered person” to include a missing adult who meets the criteria for activation of the Orange Alert of the Department of Law Enforcement; requiring the Department of Law Enforcement, in cooperation with the Department of Transportation, the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, the Department of the Lottery, and local law enforcement agencies, to establish and implement the Orange Alert; authorizing local law enforcement agencies to broadcast to subscribers of notifications, to the media, and on lottery terminals about certain missing adults, etc. APPROPRIATION: $322,836.00
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 95
• Introduced -SJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 03/12/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 256
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/25/19, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security read 1st time -SJ 259
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 265
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/11/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 349
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 353
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.