CS/HB 7095: School Choice
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee ; Aloupis
School Choice; Revises provisions relating to controlled open enrollment, state school choice scholarship program accountability and oversight, charter schools, schools of hope, & The Hope Scholarship Program; authorizes Center for Community Schools to award grants for purposes related to community schools.
Last Action: 4/16/2019 House - Placed on Calendar -HJ 681
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 471
• Referred to PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 488
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/01/19, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -HJ 568
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 568
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/09/19, 2:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 680
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 679
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 681
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.