CS/CS/HB 101: Public Construction
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Andrade ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Killebrew ; LaMarca ; McClure ; Overdorf ; Sabatini
Public Construction; Revises amounts of retainage that local governmental entities & contractors may withhold from progress payments for construction services contract; revises requirements for DMS rules governing certain contracts; revises amounts of retainage that public entities & contractors may withhold from progress payments for construction services contract.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 30
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 02/13/19, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -HJ 298
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee -HJ 295
• Introduced -HJ 30
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 289
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 03/13/19, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 411
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 411
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/21/19, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 1 -HJ 488
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 483
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 496
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 622
• Amendment(s) adopted (404883) -HJ 622, 623
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 660
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 104 NAYS 10 -HJ 660
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 393
• Received -SJ 393
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.