CS/HB 1127: Educational Employees
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Duggan
Educational Employees; Requiring the Department of Education to maintain a disqualification list of certain individuals; requiring a school board official to forfeit his or her salary if the official fails to adopt certain child abuse reporting policies; requiring the governing board of a charter school to establish the duty of instructional personnel and school administrators to report specified alleged misconduct by certain individuals; authorizing the Commissioner of Education to permanently revoke an owner's or operator's authority to establish or operate a private school in this state under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 116
• Introduced -HJ 116
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 521
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 521
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/01/19, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 555
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 555
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/09/19, 2:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 680
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 678
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 681
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 925
• Amendment(s) adopted (165665) -HJ 925,930
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 950
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1025
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1102
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 1102
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations -SJ 765
• Received -SJ 765
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.