CS/SB 1148: Vehicles for Rent or Lease
GENERAL BILL by Infrastructure and Security ; Perry
Vehicles for Rent or Lease; Requiring a member of a certain car-sharing service who uses a motor vehicle for less than a specified period of time pursuant to an agreement with the car-sharing service to pay a specified surcharge per usage; authorizing an electronic copy of certain rental or lease documentation to be in the possession of the vehicle operator or carried in the vehicle and to be exhibited upon demand of any authorized law enforcement officer or any agent of the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; prohibiting a person from renting a motor vehicle to another person unless he or she has verified that the renter’s driver license is unexpired, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Finance and Tax, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 385 (Ch. 2019-169)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 120
• Introduced -SJ 120
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 03/20/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 5 NAYS 3 -SJ 266
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• Remaining references corrected to Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 270
• Now in Finance and Tax
• CS by Infrastructure and Security read 1st time -SJ 269
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Finance and Tax, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 385 (Ch. 2019-169)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.