SB 534: Pretrial Release
GENERAL BILL by Brandes
Pretrial Release; Authorizing each county to establish a supervised bond program with the concurrence of the chief judge of the judicial circuit, the county’s chief correctional officer, the state attorney, and the public defender; authorizing the chief judge of each circuit, with the concurrence of the county’s chief correctional officer, the state attorney, and the public defender, to enter an administrative order for the use of a risk assessment instrument in pretrial release determinations; providing that a court retains sole discretion to determine the appropriateness of pretrial release and any necessary pretrial release conditions, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 70
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/04/19, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 69
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/11/19, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 194
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.