CS/CS/SB 536: 911 Services
911 Services; Requiring that the Technology Program within the Department of Management Services develop a plan to require that emergency dispatchers be able to transfer an emergency call from one E911 system to another E911 system in this state; defining the terms “first responder agency” and “911 public safety answering point”; requiring each agreement to require a PSAP to be able to directly communicate with first responder agencies, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 441 (Ch. 2019-146) -SJ 588
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations -SJ 70
• Introduced -SJ 70
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 03/12/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 195
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Infrastructure and Security
• CS by Innovation, Industry, and Technology read 1st time -SJ 240
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 03/20/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 265
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 379
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 382
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/19 -SJ 611
• Read 2nd time -SJ 587
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 441 -SJ 588
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 441 (Ch. 2019-146) -SJ 588
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.