The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
SB 7094: Public Records/Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Infrastructure and Security
Public Records/Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; Creating public records exemptions for certain information received by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; providing exemptions from public records requirements for personal information in certain vessel records, e-mail addresses, and cellular telephone numbers issued or collected by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; exempting from public records requirements certain information received by the department as a result of investigations and examinations of private rebuilt inspection providers; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemptions; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Infrastructure and Security
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 03/26/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 04/02/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 334
• Introduced -SJ 334
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 04/16/19, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 379
• Now in Appropriations
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.